Doing Business with DOC
DOC purchases goods to operate both prisons and offices, contracts for services to offenders and contracts for construction. Each competitive procurement will specify what must be provided by the vendor or contractor and the due date. All companies, individuals and non–profits are encouraged to compete for business with DOC.
- Construction Opportunities
- IT Contracts & Purchasing — Access DOC competitive information technology procurements along with those for other state agencies through Department of Enterprise Services (DES) master contracts.
- Personal and Client Services and Purchased Goods and Services — Access DOC competitive procurements as well as those for other agencies. By registering with Washington’s Electronic Business Solution (WEBS), you can automatically receive notification of bid opportunities. The site also includes help for small businesses.
- Second Chance Act Reentry Grant Pilot Program
General Business Information
- Correctional Industries
- Secure Email Information
Chapter 39.34 RCW, the Interlocal Cooperation Act, provides the authority for Washington State agencies such as DOC to contract with other governmental entities. These contracts are Intergovernmental agreements (agreements between DOC and other Washington state agencies, other State governments and⁄or their agencies, cities, counties and tribes of any state, or any agency or part of the Federal government). Copies of these agreements may be obtained through a Public Disclosure request.
Sole Source and Emergency Contracts
Chapter 39.26 RCW, Procurement of Goods and Services, provides the parameters by which Washington State agencies such as DOC contract for goods and services, and requires that sole source and emergency contracts be made available for public inspection.
Terms and Conditions
In compliance with SSB 6354 the Department of Corrections accepts electronic documents and payments for all transactions except the following:
- Public Disclosure
- Medical Service bills not submitted through Provider One Network