INFOGRAPHIC: Teacher Appreciation Week
100-PO007 (R 5/2017)
Teacher appreciation Week is May 1-5, 2017.
Teacher Appreciation Week is used to recognize and show thanks to teachers all over the country for their extraordinary contribution in education and development. #ThankATeacher
Education Makes A Difference
A 2013 report by the RAND Corporation found that inmates who participated in educational programs while in prison were 43 percent less likely to reoffend.
Washington State Department of Corrections Accomplishments in Fiscal Year 2016:
- 3,450: Number of vocational training program certificates awarded to inmates
- 3,848: Number of inmates who participated in Adult Basic Education
- 544: Number of General Education Diplomas (GED) earned
- 42: Number of Associate degrees awarded
- 216: Number of education professionals working in Washington State prisons
- "How Effective is Correctional Education, And Where Do We Go From Here?" The Rand Corporation, 2013.
- 2016 State Board of Community & Technical Colleges (SBCTC) Employee Roster and SBCTC 2015-16 Annual Report
- Additional data from Washington State Department of Corrections Offender Management Network Information (OMNI) database