Airway Heights Corrections Center
Business Hours: 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Main: (509) 244-6700
Fax: (509) 244-6710
Health Services: (509) 244-6827
- Saturday, August 13, 2016: All Regular Visiting at MAIN and MSU is closed to non-participants for Day with Dad event.
Facility at a Glance
Superintendent: James Key
Airway Heights Corrections Center (AHCC)
- Custody Level: Minimum, Medium and Close
- Units and Custody levels
- Operating Capacity: 2,258 male offenders
- Year Opened: 1992
Visit the Friends and Family website for great information including how to prepare for visiting with children.
For for additional forms and details on how to apply for a visitor who is a minor, please review the Visiting With a Minor web page.
Visitor’s Application: Please fill out either the Online Application, or the Hard Copy Application, not both. Submitting multiple visit applications for an individual visitor will cause a delay in processing.
- Visiting Guidelines and Schedule
- 2015 Family Events Calendar
- 2016 Family Events Calendar
- Video Visiting Guideline provided by JPay
Educational & Offender Change
- Adult Basic Education
- Chemical Dependency Treatment
- Dog Training and Adoption Program
- English As A Second Language
- General Education Development (GED)
- Job Search
- Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP)
- Stress Anger Management
- Victim Awareness
Work & Vocational
- Aerospace Composites (I–BEST)
- Computer Basics
- Computer Refurbishing
- Food Service
- Interactive Media
- Maintenance (custodial, plumbers, painters, home builders, laundry, upholstery)
- Optical Lab
- Reforestation activities and fire suppression for Department of Natural Resources
- Teacher’s Aides
Prison crews are a way offenders can give back to the community. The Community Partnership Program at Airway Heights and volunteers from the community are dedicated in providing events, projects, and programs to offenders and their families. These include Book Fairs & Family Craft events, Family Portrait day, Stamps for Cancer, Day with Dad, Father–Child Story Time Video, fundraisers, and Family (Children’s) Birthday Party program.
Airway Heights utilizes community resources and encourages supervised interaction between community members and offenders. Volunteers are instrumental in assisting in the development of programs aimed at developing positive changes in personal growth and successful reintegration to society. Volunteer led programs include the following: African American Literature Program, Alcoholics Anonymous, Book Fairs & Family Craft events, P.I.C.K (relationship) program, Locks for Love, Special Holiday events, Narcotics Anonymous, Relationship Works program, Stamp Out Cancer, Toastmasters International, Eastern Washington University Writer’s in the Community, Yoga, Children’s Reading programs – partnered with Volunteers of America, and multiple faith based programs.