Value Added Communications (VAC)
Starting May 6, 2013 Advance Pay accounts will no longer be able to be set up or funded through myvconnect.com.
Instead, anyone seeking to set up or deposit funds into an Advance Pay account online will need to go through offenderconnect.com. Advance Pay accounts balances that were established utilizing myvconnect.com will be unaffected and will be transferred to an account with offenderconnect.com. Additional information regarding this transfer process can be located at myvconnect.com.
There will be some minor differences between myvconnect.com and offenderconnect.com. The differences are:
- Offenderconnect login will require that an 8 digit password be set up; myvconnect.com required only a 4 digit PIN.
- Offenderconnect requires a valid email address since new sign–ups will need to first receive and respond to an email in order to activate an account and make deposits; myvconnect.com requires an email address to be provided, but does not have the additional activation step.
- Offenderconnect sends an email to confirm successful deposit transactions; myvconnect.com does not.
- Offenderconnect does not allow payments from unsaved credit cards; myvconnect.com does.
If you have questions please contact 1-800-786-8521.
Advanced Payment Phone Calls
The offenderconnect.com is a pre–paid phone service exclusively available to family and friends.
Calls from inmates must be collect or pre–paid by a friend or family member. The Washington state inmate telephone service provider, OffenderConnect, allows an Advance Pay service for those who no longer can receive a traditional collect call. This discount service is currently offered to customers receiving calls from inmates at Washington Department of Corrections institutions. The program allows customers the ability to setup a pre–paid account and receive calls at a discounted rate in most cases.
Phone payments are now available on offenderconnect.com for transferred accounts. Facilities will be transferred to offenderconnect.com on a scheduled basis.
Collect Call Charges (excluding taxes and applicable fees)
These calls are paid for by the called party which shows up on a phone bill.
- In–state Collect Calls: $3.50 plus any applicable taxes – flat rate per Completed Collect Call.
- Interstate Collect Call: $3.50 setup fee + $0.50 per minute plus any applicable taxes per Completed Collect Call.
- In–state Collect Calls: $3.15 plus any applicable taxes — flat rate per Completed Collect Call.
- Interstate Collect Call: $3.50 setup fee + $0.50 per minute plus any applicable taxes per Completed Pre–paid Call.
Receiving Calls From an Inmate
If you receive a collect call, you will first hear a pre–recorded message stating the correctional facility’s name and the name of the inmate who is asking you to accept the collect call. At that point you will be given the following options:
- Accept the collect call
- Deny the collect call
- Set up a pre–paid account managed by VAC’s Advance–Pay Program (www.myvconnect.com)
- To set up account, you will Press ‘4’ immediately and set it up
For friends and family who are unable to receive a traditional collect call, you will be notified that to receive calls from the inmate you must set up an Advance–Pay account. If you choose to set up an Advance–Pay account, the call will be delayed and the inmate will be asked to wait at least 30 minutes before trying to call the number again in order to allow you time to establish an account.
Please be advised that, based on payment history, some customers may be required to open an Advance–Pay account even though a direct billing account may already be established.
- VAC Advance–Pay – an inmate can only call the phone number provided by the individual who funded the account
- V Direct account – an inmate can call anyone in the community who accepts the call
Creating a VAC AdvancePay Account
To establish an Advance–Pay account, a minimum payment of $25 and up to a maximum payment of $100 must be made via credit card. A $7.95 transaction fee will be applied for all credit card and Money Gram deposits. Other government fees and taxes may also apply.
VAC Standard Hours of Operation
A live Customer Service Representative is available Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Central Standard Time Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time on Saturdays.
Call 800–913–6097 to setup an account or to add money to an existing Advance–Pay account.
Visit the V–Connect website to set up, fund and manage your own personal account.
Other forms of payment that are accepted include: cashier’s checks, money orders or Money Grams.
The checks or money order must include the following information:
- Area code & phone number
- Name of DOC Facility
If you would like to send a money order for a V–Connect or V–Direct Account, checks and money orders will be processed with no transaction fee. They must be mailed to:
Value Added Communications (VAC)
PO Box 122430
Dallas, Texas 75312–2430
A VAC V–Direct Account, allows the offender to call any phone number that is on his or her Personal Allowed Number (PAN) list. V–Direct accounts can be established by calling 866–669–9975 or by accessing www.debitcalls.com.
Low funds Notice
When funds on a pre–paid account are low, an automated system will contact customers with the option to add more money to the account. All transactions occur in real time. When an inmate places a call to a number set up as a pre–paid account, funds are deducted from the account as soon as the call is complete.
There is a 20–minute telephone call time limit. Both parties will hear a message at three intervals that tells them how much time remains (2 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds). After 20 minutes, the telephone call will automatically disconnect.
There are a number of methods to prevent premature cutoffs from occurring:
- Do not attempt a 3–way call
- Do not set the phone down hard, such as on a table
- Do not have someone pick up the phone from another room
- Do not answer an incoming call when talking on the phone
- Accept calls using a land line, not a cell phone
Look at the frequently asked questions for more answers.
You can reach the Value Added Communications automated system 24 hours a day by calling 800–913–6097.