PrePaid Phone Calls
The offenderconnect.com is a Global Tel* Link (GTL) pre–paid phone service exclusively available to family and friends.
Effective May 6, 2013, the myvconnect.com has not managed DOC Advance Pay accounts.
Anyone seeking to set up or deposit funds into a PrePaid account online will need to go through OffenderConnect. Advance Pay account balances that were established using myvconnect.com will be unaffected and will be transferred to an account with offenderconnect.com.
Pre–paid Account Terminology
“Advance Pay” is an account where an offender can only call the number that is funded.
“Pre–paid” calls are calls where time has been purchased in advance using offenderconnect.com
“Collect calls” are billed to your phone using your carrier’s standard pricing per call.
“Debit Account” refers to an account where an offender can call any number on their Personal Allowed Number (PAN) list.
Global Tel* link (GTL) is the DOC phone system provider for DOC offenders.
Phone call rates:
- 20 minute in–state call: Collect is $3.50 plus tax and a Pre—paid is $3.15 plus tax
- Phone calls are a flat fee for a 20 minute call
- Calls cannot be billed per minute
- Out of State calls: $3.50 connection fee plus 50 cents a minute
- There is no discount rate for Pre–Paid customers
- Calls are billed per minute
Starting a Pre–paid account
Funds are added to Pre–paid accounts (Advance Pay or Debit Account) through OffenderConnect from a credit card .
There will be a service fee added to the transaction. $7.95 is the service fee for an Advance Pay account. $5.95 is the service fee for the Debit account.
The minimum amount that can be funded is $10.00 and up to a maximum amount of $250.00.
If you do not have a credit card or, do not want to pay a service fee, a money order can be mailed to:
VAC Department 2430
PO Box 122430
Dallas, TX 75312-2430
Funds are normally credited within one day of the money order being received.
Once a Pre–paid account has been established for a specific number, collect calls can not be made by an offender to that number.
Some OffenderConnect portal rules:
- OffenderConnect login will require that an 8 digit
- OffenderConnect requires a valid email address
- OffenderConnect sends an email to confirm successful deposit transactions
- OffenderConnect does not allow payments from unsaved credit cards
To contact Customer Service regarding questions, issues or complaints pertaining to GTL⁄VAC⁄OffenderConnect dial 1-800-786-8521.