Diversity in Corrections
A culture that is inclusive, respectful, and transparent enriches our work.
DOC promotes an environment for our staff and stakeholders that embraces and celebrates diversity.
DOC Diversity Plan
- Governor Inslee Proclamation - November is American Indian Heritage Month NEW!
- Exhibit RACE: Are We So Different? Running from September 28, 2013 through January 5, 2014 at the Pacific Science Center
- Executive Order 12-02 - Workforce Diversity and Inclusion
2013 Diversity Calendars
- December: Universal Human Rights
- November: Native American/Alaskan Native Heritage
- October: Diversity Awareness
- September: National Hispanic Heritage
- August: Equal Employment Opportunity
- July: European-American Heritage Month
- June: LGBT
- May: Asian Pacific Islander
- April: Sexual Assault Awareness and Child Abuse Prevention
- March: Women's History
- February: Black History
- January: Workplace Diversity