Department of Corrections Rule Making Activity Within the last 12 Months
Filings Subject to Chapter 34.05 RCW
CR-101 – Preproposal Rules (RCW 34.05.310)
Preproposal Statement of Inquiry (CR-101 form) provides public notice that the agency is considering developing a new rule, amending an existing rule, or repealing an entire rule or sections of a rule. This allows the public an opportunity to participate in the rule making process at an early stage.
- CR-101 - Amendments to Chapter 137-25 WAC, Serious Infractions, and Chapter 137-28 WAC, Prisons Discipline (WSR 13-10-038)
CR-102 – Proposed Rules (RCW 34.05.320)
Proposed Rule Making (CR-102 form) provides public notice that a new rule or a change to a DOC rule is being proposed. Included on this form is a brief description of the rule, the associated WAC number, a copy of the proposed rule text, as well as the date, time, and location of the public hearing(s), the deadline to submit comments, and the process for submitting comments. If appropriate, a Small Business Economic Impact Statement (SBEIS) is filed with this notice.
- There are no CR-102s at this time.
CR-103 – Permanent and Emergency Rules (RCW 34.05.350)
Rule Making Order (CR-103 form) is used to adopt new or amended rules previously published using the CR-102 form. The rule is adopted when the CR-103 form is signed by the Secretary. Unless specified otherwise, a rule becomes effective 31 days after filing.
Note: Emergency rules are filed using the CR-103 form. In most situations they become effective immediately.
CR-105 – Expedited Rule Making (RCW 34.05.353)
Expedited rules (CR-105) are filed using an expedited process. Once the rule is proposed there is a 45 day period before the rule can be adopted. On the 46th day, or any day after that, the rule can be adopted and unless otherwise specified becomes effective 31 days later.
- There are no CR-105s at this time.
Filings for Publication Only (RCW 34.05.030)
- Amendments to Chapter 137-32 WAC, Administrative segregation (WSR 12-11-054)
- Amendments to WAC 137-48-020, Offender mail (WSR 13-08-073)
Semi-annual Rule Development Agendas (RCW 34.05.314)
- For the period of July 1 - December 31, 2012 (WSR 12-14-023)
- For the period of January 1 - June 30, 2013 (WSR 13-02-018)
- There are no public hearings scheduled at this time.
Completed Public Hearings:
- There are no completed public hearings at this time.