The Department of Corrections (DOC) recognizes the need to engage families and friends in the reentry process, and visits help incarcerated individuals preserve healthy relationships. However, sometimes physical visits are impossible or inconvenient. Video visitation is a virtual way to talk face-to-face with an incarcerated friend or relative from the comfort of your own home, and it is available at all prison facilities.
Eligibility & Requirements
Video visits are subject to the same policy and application processes as Prison Visits. To be eligible for a video visitation you must:
- Be on an incarcerated individual's approved visitor list
- Setup a Securus account
- You will need the individual's DOC Number to start an account.
- Ensure your first name, last name and date of birth match your legal identification.
- Do not include your middle name or middle initial.
- Have internet access*
- Have a personal computer that includes speakers, microphone, and a webcam*
*Per the video visit expectations, visitors must provide their own equipment and the necessary internet connections to participate in video visiting.
If privacy screens are provided, they must be utilized and remain in place for the duration of the visit.
Conduct & Monitoring
Regular visitation rules apply (see DOC Policy 450.300 Visits for Incarcerated Individuals, facility visitor guidelines, and video visit expectations).
A visitor who engages in prohibited conduct may be suspended or terminated from video visiting privileges. Regular visiting privileges may also be suspended/terminated. While a warning may be given as a courtesy for minor violations, warnings are not given to violations that are more significant than nuisance. Allowing an individual who is not an approved visitor to participate in video visiting is be grounds for suspension.
All video visits will be recorded, and designated employees will monitor video visits for compliance with policy and facility rules.
Fees & Scheduling
Video visits will be scheduled by the approved visitor through Securus at least 24 hours in advance. Visits will be scheduled in 30 minute increments. Video visits will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
Additionally, please keep in mind:
- Incarcerated individuals will not be excused from work or programming to participate in video visits.
- Incarcerated individuals are responsible for requesting visit times that will not conflict with their schedule.
- Video visit hours are determined by each prison facility. See a facility's visitor guidelines for video visiting hours.
See Video Visitation for fees.