Skip to main content

Search Resources

See the below resources for ways to obtain information about incarcerated and formerly incarcerated individuals.

Tips & Leads

Please do not attempt to contact any wanted person as they may be armed and/or dangerous. If you have information about an individual who is eluding supervision by failing to report to their Community Corrections Officer, or an inmate who has escaped from a prison or Reentry Center, please call 911.

You may contact the department by calling (866) 359-1939 or submitting a tip using the DOC Tips and Leads form.

Department of Corrections

Inmate Search

The Department of Corrections (DOC) provides the Inmate Search service to promote public safety while providing access to selected information about incarcerated person(s) such as a) inmate name, b) inmate DOC number, and c) facility where the inmate is currently incarcerated.

Additional Information

Contact us for more information about Department of Corrections current and former inmates and supervisees. The following information can be provided:

  • Name
  • Age
  • County jail credit time
  • Date of birth
  • Date of commitment/release
  • Supervision conditions
  • Date of conditional discharge from supervision
  • Date of execution
  • DOC number
  • Fines imposed (legal financial obligation)
  • Good time
  • Mandatory release date
  • Parole date
  • Race

Federal Prisoners & Detainees

U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement

Go to the U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement website to locate a detainee who is currently in ICE custody, or who was released from ICE custody for any reason within the last 60 days.

Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBP)

Go to the Federal Bureau of Prisons website to locate the whereabouts of federal inmates incarcerated from 1982 to the present.

Registered Sex Offenders

Go to the National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW) to search for information about registered sex offenders, such as where they currently reside, work, and attend school.

Criminal History

The Department of Corrections does not provide criminal history information.

The Washington State Patrol's Washington Access To Criminal History (WATCH) service is the official Internet source for criminal history conviction records for the state of Washington only.

Custody Status Notification

Washington Victim Notification Network (WA VINE)

Use the Washington statewide automated Victim Notification Network (WA VINE) service, also known as VINE, to register to be notified of custody status changes, as well as protective order status changes.

Advanced Notification

If you are a victim or witness of an eligible crime you are entitled to notification by the Department of Corrections. See the Victims Notification Request webpage for more information.