Architecture & Engineering (A/E)
The Department of Corrections (DOC) partners with Department of Enterprise Services' (DES) Engineering and Architectural Services (E&AS) Program to contract for design, construction, and major repair or alteration for state owned prison facilities. The DES/DOC Team Project Managers represent the legal contracting authority for the state (RCW 43.19.450 ).
- Consultants who submit qualifications in response to the advertisement will be considered for selection.
- Selections are based on anticipated project fees.
- All qualified consultants are reviewed and rated impartially through a two-phase selection process.
The DES/DOC Team Program invites interested A/E consulting firms to submit qualifications for architectural and engineering design services for the 2015-2017 biennium projects. See the submission requirements webpage for details. Inclusion is the A/E Reference File is not a guarantee of work. It only provides the firm with an opportunity to be selected.
Consulting firms wanting to be considered must submit six (6) sets of their qualifications.
Only submittals conforming to the following specifications will be considered:
- You are required to provide;
- five (5) bound sets of your qualifications
- and one (1) set on CD for each contract you are submitting for
- A separate submittal is required for each contract.
- Each set is to include;
- an executive summary,
- information based on selection criteria,
- the standard Federal form SF330, Part 2 only,
- and any other pertinent data to assist the selection panel in evaluating your qualifications.
- Each submittal should have the Contract Number and include the project title clearly printed on the front cover (e.g., contract #08-327 – Rat-Wall Barrier)
- 8½x11 cardstock front and back cover (Binders/Notebooks not accepted).
- 20 pages maximum;
- not including front and back cover,
- not including form 330,
- printing shall be 2–sided.
- 11” x 17” foldouts will count as two (2) pages, and are limited to 2 maximum.
In addition to the “contracts” listed, each “contract” may include other minor unanticipated projects at the facility during the 2015–2017 biennium. Estimated construction costs are offered to provide approximate costs and are subject to change.
Submittals must be received by the Team Program office no later than the submittal date and time as noted on each Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
For information on the A/E consulting firm selection process, see the Architecture & Engineering (A/E) webpage for details.
Address Submittals to Capital Planning & Development
Note: No faxed or electronic copies will be accepted.
Consulting Firms Selections is a Two-Phase Process
Consultants who submit qualifications in response to the advertisement will be considered for selection. All qualified consultants are reviewed and rated impartially. The A/E consulting firm selection is a two-phase process.
Phase 1: Short-listing firms based on submitted information
As part of Phase 1 scoring, past performance will be based on references from work performed on both Departmental and non-Department of Corrections projects. The firms need to provide names and telephone numbers of contacts for the firm’s five most recent previous projects.
We evaluate firms for Phase 1 based on:
- Qualifications of Key Personnel
- General Approach
- Relevant Experience
- Geographic Proximity
- Diverse Business Inclusion Plan*
*The Diverse Business Inclusion Plan should be based on the Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises (OMWBE) Outreach Plan criteria.
Phase 2: Oral Presentation
The consultant selection panel will conduct interviews with firms deemed to be the most highly qualified for the required service(s). Prior to Phase 2, we will provide a copy of the Phase 2 scoring sheet to the firms invited to interview.