Per DOC 220.010 Contracts, it is the intent of the department to promote open and fair competition and transparency in all contracts for goods and services, in compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations. To the extent practicable, procurement of contracted services will be made by or with direction from the department's Contracts and Legal Affairs unit for continuity in the writing, requirements, and awards of requests for proposals and bids for contracts.
- Contracting Opportunities
- Intergovernmental Contracts
- Sole Source & Emergency Contracts
- Telecommunication & Electronic Media Service Contracts
- Contract Resources
Below are some of the current contracting opportunities with the Department of Corrections. For other contracting opportunities, please see Washington's Electronic Business Solution (WEBS) for vendors or Capital Planning & Development.
- Service Opportunity for Attorneys Request for Applications (RFA 11364) |
Posted Date: 11/2/2016
Under state law, Chapter 39.34 RCW – Interlocal Cooperation Act, provides the authority for Washington State agencies such as the Department of Corrections (DOC) to contract with other governmental entities. These contracts are Intergovernmental agreements (agreements between DOC and other Washington state agencies, other State governments and/or their agencies, cities, counties and tribes of any state, or any agency or part of the Federal government). To obtain copies of these agreements, please email the Public Disclosure Unit.
Telecommunication & Electronic Media Service Contracts
Per RCW 72.09.765, any contract to provide incarcerated individuals with access to telecommunication services and electronic media services in state correctional facilities shall be made publicly available and posted on the department's website. The information that must be displayed on the department's website includes:
- Rates for facilitating telecommunication services including, but not limited to, phone calls, video visitation, videograms and video clips, emails, and accessing music and entertainment;
- Fees charged for money transfers and transactions, maintenance of financial accounts, and any other fee charged to the user to facilitate the money transfer or online deposit account; and
- All fees or costs charged to the incarcerated individual or customer in exchange for use of telecommunication or electronic media services through the contract.
Where available, contract and amendment documents are provided in the most digitally accessible version available. The signed photocopy versions can be made available upon request. Amendments three and six are only available in photocopy format.
- Contractor: Original contract made with FSH Communications, LLC. FSH sold its prison phone division to Value-Added Communication (VAC), who was acquired by Global Tel Link as a subsidiary in August 2011. All amendments after August 2011 name VAC as the contractor.
- Contract: Department of Corrections Contract No. CDOC6840 (4/2006, signatures on file)
- Contract No. CDOC6840 Amendment 1 (4/2009, signatures on file)
- Contract No. CDOC6840 Amendment 2 (8/2009, signatures on file)
- Contract No. CDOC6840 Amendment 3 (6/2011)
- Contract No. CDOC6840 Amendment 4 (2/2014, signatures on file)
- Contract No. CDOC6840 Amendment 5 (8/2014, signatures on file)
- Contract No. CDOC6840 Amendment 6 (3/2016)
- Contract No. CDOC6840 Amendment 7 (7/2017, signatures on file)
- Rates and fees to send and receive phone calls
Electronic Media Services
- Contractor: JPay, Inc.
- Contract: Department of Corrections Contract No. K8262 (3/2010, signatures on file)
- Contract No. K8262 Amendment 1 (4/2011, signatures on file)
- Contract No. K8262 Amendment 2 (7/2013, signatures on file)
- Contract No. K8262 Amendment 3 (1/2014, signatures on file)
- Contract No. K8262 Amendment 4 (1/2015, signatures on file)
- Contract No. K8262 Amendment 5 (7/2017, signatures on file)
- Contract No. K8262 Amendment 6 (7/2017, signatures on file)
- Contract No. K8262 Amendment 7 was never executed
- Contract No. K8262 Amendment 8 (1/2019, signatures on file)
- Contract No. K8262 Amendment 9 (8/2019, signatures on file)
- Rates and fees to send money, send electronic messages, buy music and electronic media, and video visitation
- Policy 200.050 Purchasing
- Policy 200.055 Sustainable Purchasing
- Policy 220.010 Contracts
Laws & Regulations
Revised Code of Washington (RCW)
- RCW 39.26 Procurement of Goods and Services
- RCW 39.32 Acquisition of Governmental Property
- RCW 39.33.010 Sale, exchange, transfer, lease of public property authorized—Section deemed alternative.
- RCW 39.34 Interlocal Cooperation Act
- RCW 42.52 Ethics in Public Service
- RCW 42.56 Public Records Act
- RCW 43.17.095 Option to submit document, form, or payment electronically—Requirements.
- RCW 43.19 Department of Enterprise Services
- RCW 43.19A Recycled Product Procurement
- RCW 72.09.765 Inmate access to telecommunication services—Contracting—Reporting.
- RCW 72.60.160 State agencies and subdivisions may purchase goods—Purchasing preference required of certain institutions.
Publications & Job Aids
- Business Diversity Overview 100-DS001
- Business Diversity Roadmap 200-DG001
- Department of Corrections General Terms and Conditions
- PREA Information for Staff, Contract Staff and Volunteers 400-BR016
- PREA Information for Community Corrections Contractors 400-BR013
- Current Enterprise Procurement Policies
- Purchasing Reference Guide for Environmentally Preferable Purchasing